The My Favorites feature in IBM
® Portal Enable for z/OS
® lets you bookmark a page in the portal so that you can return to it at a later time. The page is then added to your My Favorites list, which is maintained by the Organize Favorites portlet. Organize Favorites lets you create, edit, activate, order, and delete labels and web addresses in the My Favorites list.
Nodes are located in a level of the navigation hierarchy relative to the parent node in which they are created. The topmost node in the tree is the Content Root. Organize Favorites is a node under the Content Root node.
By default, users without administrative privileges can only access nodes under the Home node, which is also under the Content Root node. Users with administrative privileges can use links in the toolbar to toggle between Administration and Home. If other nodes are created directly under the Content Root, links to these nodes are not referred to unless they are specifically added to one of the theme JSPs.
After you create the custom theme, complete the steps below to enable Organize Favorites in it:
Location of theme resources
- Use the <portal-navigation:navigation> tag with the scopeUniqueName attribute as wps.p.Favorites to create the links to the Favorites in the theme. This replaces the <portal:favoritesLoop/> tag for enabling Organize Favorites functionality.
- Create a URL to Organize Favorites in the theme using the <portal-navigation:urlGeneration> tag to wps.OrganizeFavorites.
- Create a My Favorite label to store the favorites by performing the following steps:
- Click Administration -> Portal User Interface -> Manage Pages.
- Click the Content Root label title.
- Under the Content Root label, click New Label.
- Create a label called My Favorites.
- Edit Page Properties for the new label, and add a page parameter key of Favorites with a value of Yes.
- Click Set Page Permission for the new label, edit the privileged user role, and add the All Authenticated Portal Users user group. Then click OK.
- Click Portal Settings and then Custom Unique Names.
- Assign wps.My Favorites as a unique name to the My Favorites label you just created and then click OK.
- To create a link in your theme that lets users access the Organize Favorites portlet:
- Open the Default.jsp file for each theme that your portal uses.
Finding theme resources: See the Location of theme resources link below.
- Add the following where you want the link to appear:
<a href="<%wpsURL.write(out);%>">Link to Organize Favorites</a>
- Restart the portal server to load the updated Default.jsp file.
- Add <portal-logic:if/> tags with the pageBookmarkable attribute set to true to pages that you want to be able to bookmark.