If you configured WebSphere
® Portal to use virtual portal, there are some additional steps needed to complete the migration.
Parent topic: Post migration steps
Virtual Portal Manager portlet
If you are migrating from WebSphere
Portal 6.1.x, and you use the Virtual Portal Manager portlet, you need to update the shared setting for this portlet.
- Access the Virtual Portal Manager portlet, by clicking Administration -> Virtual Portals -> Manage Virtual Portals.
- Click Edit Shared Settings of this portlet
- Note the XML file in the Xml script to create virtual portal content tree: field. This value must be edited to point to the migrated script. For example, if the value is MyVirtScript.xml the new value would be WebSphere:assetname=MigratedVirtualPortal.zip:MyVirtScript.xml.
As part of the migration process the virtual portal scripts are removed from the wps.ear
and moved to a compressed file asset named MigratedVirtualPortal.zip
Manage Seed List portlet
If you migrate from WebSphere
Portal 6.1.x, your script can contain references to Manage Seed List portlet. This portlet is no longer available and any reference to this portlet will cause your script to fail.
Use the WebSphere Integrated Solutions Console to update the virtual portal XML scripts to remove references to Manage Seed List portlet. For example:
- <portlet action="locate" name="Manage Seed List" objectid="3_CGAH47L008DE402BK8543I1G63"></portlet>
- <portletinstance action="update" domain="rel" objectid="5_CGAH47L008DE402BK8543I18D4" portletref="3_CGAH47L008DE402BK8543I1G63" shareref="5_CGAH47L008DE402BK8543I18D4"></portletinstance>
Make sure to remove those lines. Note that the object ids, portletrefs, sharerefs and other references in the example may vary in your installation.