Out-of-the-box the web content viewer is based on the JSR 286 API. However, if you have exported the web content viewer from another server or if you installed the older IBM API web content viewer, you can use the convert-wcm-rendering-portlet task to convert the IBM API web content viewer setttings and instances to the JSR 286 Web Content Viewer portlet.
The Web Content Viewer portlet conversion task converts portlet settings of the IBM
® API Web Content Viewer portlet to portlet preferences of the JSR 286 Web Content Viewer portlet. The task also converts instances of the IBM
API Web Content Viewer portlet to instances of the JSR 286 Web Content Viewer portlet. User customized portlet data that is associated with the portlet instance is converted into portlet preferences.
To convert the instances and settings of the IBM
API Web Content Viewer portlet to the JSR 286 portlet, do the following:
- Update the file wp_profile_root/ConfigEngine/wkplc.properties .
Confirm that the user IDs and passwords are set as required or modify them if necessary.
- Update or verify the following parameters in the file wp_profile_root/PortalServer/wcm/config/portletconversion.properties .
Confirm that the following parameters are set as specified or modify them if necessary:
This parameter is optional. Specify a comma separated list of unique names of pages. If you specify this parameter, only portlets on these pages and their descendants are converted. If you leave this parameter empty or missing, instances of the IBM API Web Content Viewer Portlet on all pages are converted.xmlaccess.url
The URL to the portal XML configuration interface servlet. You can use this parameter to run conversions for specific virtual portals. If this parameter is empty or missing, the default portal is used to run the conversion.
- Change to the directory was_profile_root/PortalServer/ConfigEngine/.
- Run the task ConfigEngine convert-wcm-rendering-portlet .
- Verify the conversion by reviewing the console.
The message Build successful indicates a successful conversion. If the message Build failed is displayed upon completion of the task, review the previous steps.
- Verify the configuration of the converted Web Content Viewer portlet. For further information on configuring a local Web Content Viewer portlet refer to the topic about Editing the settings of a local Web content viewer portlet.
- After successful conversion you can uninstall the IBM API Web Content Viewer portlet.
If you made clones of the IBM
API Web Content Viewer Portlet or renamed the portlet, you might need to modify the parameters in the file wp_profile_root/PortalServer/wcm/config/portletconversion.properties
that identify the portlet used as the source for the conversion. For a complete reference of all parameter that by the portlet conversion task supports refer to the topic about Converting portlet instances and settings from the IBM
API to the standard API.