If you are using DB2
® and have a large amount of content in the JCR repository (for example, Web Content Manager data), it is recommended that you prepare DB2
for migration by updating several settings related to performance.
The values described here are suggested starting points but have been used with success in IBM testing. Exact values can vary, depending on the size of the data set being migrated. Consult your database administrator as needed.
The settings described here are optimized for migration rather than day-to-day operation. After migration completes successfully, you can revert any changes back to the values in use before migration.
Parent topic: Premigration tasks
- Update the lock list size for the database. A value of at least 10000 is recommended.
- Disable all automatic maintenance on the database, including health monitoring.
- Increase the package cache size. A value of at least 24000 is recommended.
- Increase the statistics heap size. A value of at least 16384 is recommended.
- Perform a complete reorganization of the tables and indexes on the database to be migrated.
- Collect detailed statistics with distribution for all tables and indexes.
Note: While the migration is in progress, it might be necessary to collect detailed statistics to continue to allow the database optimizer to select efficient access plans.