- Mount the /skinlist/ WebDAV entry point with your WebDAV client:
If you changed the wps
folder, replace it with your WpsContextRoot
- Copy and rename the folder of the skin on which you want to base your new skin.
WebDAV entry point does not support the copy action directly. If you encounter an error when you copy and paste theme folders within /skinlist/
, make the following changes:
- Copy the skin folder to your local file system.
- Give the skin a new title by editing the appropriate localized_locale.properties file under the metadata folder. If you decide not to change the title, you will receive multiple skins with the same title in selection lists.
- Copy the new folder to the /skinlist/ folder.
After your new folder is done copying to WebDAV your new skin is now defined in the portal database. To customize your skin, you can edit the theme files in WebDAV. To perform administrative customization, such as title, description, or metadata, continue to use the /skinlist/
entry point. If you want to customize the templates and static resources, use the /fs-type1/
Parent topic: Create a skin