Creating with dynamic content spotsAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on January 9, 2013 | Version 3 (Show original)
|Instructions on how to include a custom dynamic-content spot in a theme template:
Parent topic: Dynamic content spots
- Log on to the WebSphere Application Server administrative console
- Go to: Resources -> Resource Environment -> -> Resource environment providers -> WP DynamicContentSpotMappings
- Select Custom Properties.
- Select New.
- Enter a name to be used as the ID of the mapping, for example newDynamicContent.
- Enter a value that is the URI to the dynamic content to be included by the mapping, similar to the following example:
- Select OK.
- Save the changes.
- Restart WebSphere Portal.
- Open the theme template, theme.html, on WebDAV.
- Locate where in the template you want to include the dynamic content and add the following line of code:
<link rel="dynamic-content" href="dyn-cs:id:<your mappping ID>">
Replace <your mapping ID> with the name you gave the mapping, for example newDynamicContent
- Clear the browser cache and refresh the page that has the theme template you modified applied to get the new dynamic-content spot to render.