Installing a new themeAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on January 9, 2013 | Version 4 (Show original)
|You install a modularized theme to a specific profile. If you want to make that theme available for an additional profile, perform the same steps from the additional profile directory.
WebSphere Portal 184.108.40.206 must already be installed.
To install on a cluster server, perform the following steps on one of the nodes in your cluster. You need to complete this step only on one node.
Parent topic: Theme enablement
- Verify that the information in the wkplc.properties file is correct.
- Ensure that the value of the XmlAccessPort property in wkplc_comp.properties matches the value of the port used for HTTP connections to the portal server.
- Make sure that the portal server is started.
- Run the following configuration task:
On AIX, Linux, or Solaris: ./ConfigEngine.sh deploy-7002-theme -DPortalAdminPwd=password -DWasPassword=password
On Windows: ConfigEngine.bat deploy-7002-theme -DPortalAdminPwd=password -DWasPassword=password
On IBM® i: ConfigEngine.sh deploy-7002-theme -DPortalAdminPwd=password -DWasPassword=password
- Regenerate the web server plug-in in WebSphere Application Server. If you are using a remote web server, copy the generated plugin-cfg.xml file to the remote server.
- In a clustered system, restart all WebSphere Portal instances.
Additional instructions for a migrated environment
If your WebSphere Portal 220.127.116.11 system was previously migrated from a version before WebSphere Portal 7.0, then complete the following steps before deploying the new theme.
For example, if your original portal server started with WebSphere Portal 6.1.5 and was then migrated to WebSphere Portal 18.104.22.168 and then upgraded to the WebSphere Portal 22.214.171.124 fix pack, the following steps would be required.
- If the Page Builder theme was added to your server after migration, follow these instructions to do so now.
You can confirm that the Page Builder theme was deployed and is running by looking in theWebSphere Integrated Solutions Console.
- Run the following Configuration task:
You can skip this step if you already have a value In the WebSphere Integrated Solutions Console for Resource environment providers
-> WP GlobalThemeConfig
-> Custom properties
AIX Linux Solaris: ./ConfigEngine.sh action-create-resource-environment-provider-custom-property-wp.theme.dojo -DPortalAdminPwd=password -DWasPassword=password
Windows: ConfigEngine.bat action-create-resource-environment-provider-custom-property-wp.theme.dojo -DPortalAdminPwd=password -DWasPassword=password
IBM i: ConfigEngine.sh action-create-resource-environment-provider-custom-property-wp.theme.dojo -DPortalAdminPwd=password -DWasPassword=password
- Follow the instructions for Installing a new theme, starting from step 1, to deploy the new theme.