Social object data can be served to the users in the following two ways:
- Directly from IBM® Connections.
- By using the Ajax proxy of WebSphere® Portal. Benefits include the possibility to serve all data to your users through WebSphere Portal without direct web access to IBM Connections.
You have two methods to specify how social object data is served:
- You can globally configure how social object data is served by default. You configure the data serve method in the WP Connections Integration Service resource environment provider. This setting sets the default data serve method for all social lists in your portal. As a result, all your design components that do not explicitly request a specific data serve mode use this default method for serving resources. This configuration method makes the data serve method switchable for all social lists.
- You can explicitly override the default data serve method in your individual design components. To override the default setting, you use specific attributeName values in the AttributeResource tags that you use in your design components. These values determine a specific data serve method. This way, you can specify for individual types of data by which method you want them to be served.
This configuration affects the following attributes: authorImageLink
, and entryLink
To globally configure how social object data is served by default, set the resource.serving.url.type
property of the WP Connections Integration Service resource environment provider. You can then still choose between using the default method or overriding it for individual data in individual design components:
- To use the default method for serving resource, use the authorImageLink, communityEntryLink, downloadLink, and entryLink values for the attributeName. The portal then generates links that point either to IBM Connections or to the portal. This depends on the value that you specified for the resource.serving.url.type property.
- To override the default method, you prefix the corresponding attributeName values in the design component with either of the following prefixes:
- raw. Use this prefix to serve resources directly through IBM Connections.
- portal. Use this prefix to serve resources from the portal to the browser.
Example: You want to generate a file download link that always points directly to IBM
Connections, independently of the resource.serving.url.type
setting. In this case, you add the [AttributeResource attributeName="rawDownloadLink"]
tag to your design component instead of using the tag [AttributeResource attributeName="downloadLink"]
. This option keeps the data serve method switchable based on the resource.resolution.url.type
Specify either of the following two values for the resource.serving.url.type
Specify this value to define that the authorImageLink, communityEntryLink, downloadLink, and entryLink attributes contain URLs through which you can access the social objects by using the Ajax proxy of the portal. In this case, their values equal the values of the corresponding portalAuthorImageLink, portalCommunityEntryLink, portalDownloadLink, and portalEntryLink attributes for the design component. This value is the default setting.connections
Specify this value to define that the authorImageLink, communityEntryLink, downloadLink, and entryLink attributes contain URLs by which you can access the social objects directly from IBM Connections. In this case, their values equal the values of the corresponding rawAuthorImageLink, rawCommunityEntryLink, rawDownloadLink, and rawEntryLink attributes for the design component.
To globally configure the method by which social object data is served, proceed by the following steps:
Parent topic: Configuring global settings for social rendering
Specifying in the design component how social data is served
- Log in to the WebSphere Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Resources -> Resource Environment -> Resource Environment Providers.
- Select WP ConnectionsIntegrationService.
- Under Additional properties, click Custom properties.
- Set the resource.serving.url.type property to a value of either connections or portal as required.
- Save your changes.
- Restart your portal server for the changes to take effect.