Copy the dynamic resources for your themeAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on April 12, 2013 | Version 2 (Show original)
|You need to make a unique copy of the dynamic resources for your theme. Make sure that Eclipse,IBM® Rational® Application Developer or RTC with the Java EE developer tools add-on is installed.
Parent topic: Create a copy of the theme
- Switch to the Java EE perspective, and select File -> New -> Dynamic Web Project.
- In the Project name field, enter the name of your theme, such as CustomTheme.
- If it is not already selected, select 2.4 for the Dynamic Web Module version.
- Select Add project to an EAR and click Next to the Web Module page.
- On the Web Module page, change Context Root to customTheme, or whatever you want your context root to be, and click Finish.
- Expand your new CustomTheme project and find and expand the WebContent folder.
- Find the PortalServer_root\theme\wp.theme.themes\default80\installedApps\DefaultTheme80.ear\DefaultTheme80.war\skins folder on file system and drag it onto the WebContent folder. This step copies and imports the skins folder into your dynamic web project.
- Find the PortalServer_root\theme\wp.theme.themes\default80\installedApps\DefaultTheme80.ear\DefaultTheme80.war\themes folder on file system and drag it onto the WebContent folder. This step copies and imports the themes folder into your dynamic web project.
- In your CustomTheme project, find the WEB-INF folder inside the WebContent folder.
- Find the PortalServer_root\theme\wp.theme.themes\default80\installedApps\DefaultTheme80.ear\DefaultTheme80.war\WEB-INF\decorations.xml file on file system and drag it onto the WEB-INF folder. This step copies and imports the file into your dynamic web project.
- Find the PortalServer_root\theme\wp.theme.themes\default80\installedApps\DefaultTheme80.ear\DefaultTheme80.war\WEB-INF\tld folder on file system and drag it onto the WEB-INF folder. This step copies and imports the tld folder into your dynamic web project.
- The previous files and folders are the only ones that you need. Do not copy any others from the DefaultTheme80.war file. Find your CustomThemeEAR project, right-click it and select Export -> EAR file from the menu.
- Click Browse, select a folder to export your EAR file to.
- Click Save and click Finish.
- Log on to the WebSphere® Integrated Solutions Console and go to Applications -> Application Types -> WebSphere enterprise applications.
- Click the Install toolbar button.
- Click Browse..., find, and select the EAR file that you exported and click Next.
- Select Fast Path, expand Choose to generate default bindings and mappings, select Generate Default Bindings, and click Next.
- Change any installation option values that you want, or use the default values, and click Next.
- For Map Modules to Servers, select the Custom Theme module in the table, select the ...,server=WebSphere_Portal entry in the list, click Apply, and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- When the EAR file is done installing, click Save directly to the master configuration.
- Check your CustomTheme EAR in the table of enterprise applications and click the Start toolbar button.
- On the file system, find and expand the wp_profile_root\installedApps\<cell>\CustomThemeEAR.ear\CustomTheme.war folder. The unique copy of the dynamic resources for your theme are located in the themes and skins folders. When customizing your theme, always change the files at that location and do not modify the ThemeModules.war file.