Creating a targeting ruleAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on April 12, 2013 | Version 2 (Show original)
|A targeting rule consists of two parts: content items and segments. You can create a targeting rule to apply to a spot in a web content viewer to match the best content with the most appropriate group. To begin, add one or more content items to the spot. For each content item, add segments that can view this content.
Parent topic: Content targeting and application objects
- Navigate to a page on your site that contains a web content viewer.
- Click Edit Mode from the site toolbar.
- Hover over a web content viewer, and click Edit Content Spot in the menu that displays.
- From the Content Display menu, select Targeted.
The current content in the web content viewer becomes the default content that displays in your targeting rule. Default content displays to users that do not belong to any segments. When you are starting with a web content viewer that does not contain content, you must add default content before you add other content items.
- Click Add Content.
- Select a content item from a web content library, and click OK.
- Click Add Segment to select your target audience for the content item that you added.
- To add segments to your content item, click one or more segment names. A list of selected segments is displayed in this view. Click Done.
- Review the segments that you selected for this content item. Click Done when you are finished reviewing the selected segments.
- When you have multiple segments, you can select an option that users must match the criteria of all selected segments to view the content item. When this option is not selected, users can belong to one or more of the segments and view the content.
- You can add more segments from this view.
- Add more content items as needed. Set the order in which the content items display. Click the arrows by the content item to rearrange the display order. Prioritizing the order of your content items is used when the same segment name is added to multiple content items.
- Click Save to create your targeting rule.