Migrating from a previous multilingual systemAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on May 13, 2014 | Version 8 (Show original)
|When migrating from a earlier version of the multilingual solution, you will need to merge your configuration settings.
- To migrate from an older version of the extensions, simply follow the instructions in the installation and configuration sections, but instead of creating a new configuration file in step 6 of the configuration task, update the settings from the updated configuration file authoring templates.
- If your current multilingual system uses synchronized publishing, it is recommended to move to the project based synchronizing publishing extension. If you have existing documents in the pending-publish stage, then you should temporarily leave the pending publish stage in your workflow until those items have been published. The presence of the pending publish stage will not affect new items using projects.
- You must also run the register-wcm-mls and deploy-wcm-mls configuration tasks after migration:
Parent topic: Deployment, installation, and configuration
- Ensure that the WasPassword and PortalAdminPwd passwords are set in the wkplc.properties file.
- Run the following registration command from the wp_profile_root/ConfigEngine directory:
ConfigEngine.bat register-wcm-mlsAIX®, Linux™, Solaris
./ConfigEngine.sh register-wcm-mlsIBM® i
- Run the following deployment command from the wp_profile_root/ConfigEngine directory:
ConfigEngine.bat deploy-wcm-mlsAIX, Linux, Solaris
./ConfigEngine.sh deploy-wcm-mlsIBM i
- If your server contains virtual portals, you must also run the following task for each virtual portal on your server:
ConfigEngine.bat import-wcm-mls-data -DVirtualPortalHostName=VirtualPortalHostName -DVirtualPortalContext=VirtualPortalContextAIX, Linux, Solaris
./ConfigEngine.sh import-wcm-mls-data -DVirtualPortalHostName=VirtualPortalHostName -DVirtualPortalContext=VirtualPortalContextIBM i
ConfigEngine.sh import-wcm-mls-data -DVirtualPortalHostName=VirtualPortalHostName -DVirtualPortalContext=VirtualPortalContextz/OS
./ConfigEngine.sh import-wcm-mls-data -DVirtualPortalHostName=VirtualPortalHostName -DVirtualPortalContext=VirtualPortalContext
- Restart WebSphere® Portal.
- Repeat these steps on every server and cluster node.