When you work with IBM Digital Data Connector (DDC) for WebSphere
® Portal, the generic authoring template must comprise short text elements for identifying the following elements:
- The DDC plug-in ID and the profile name. For example, they can be elements named provider and profile.
- Component references to the query URL HTML component and the List Appearance component. For example, they can be elements named sourceref and design.
You can now create individual list definition content items from this authoring template for your IBM
Connections queries. To set up the query-specific list-rendering context and to render the query-specific List Appearance component, you can use a generic presentation template for all those queries as follows:
extension-id="[Element context='current' type='content' key='provider']"
profile="[Element context='current' type='content' key='profile']"
attribute="source=[Element context='current' type='content' key='sourceref']"]
[Element context="current" type="content" key="design" compute="always"]
For example, a list definition content item for the query that was defined in Dynamic IBM Connections source URL Construction
specifies the following settings:
Parent topic: Implementing custom IBM Connections queries
Dynamic source URL construction for your custom IBM Connections queries
- It sets the provider field to ibm.portal.ddc.sr.
- It sets the profile field to ibm.portal.sr.communities.members.
- The sourceuri component reference points to the query HTML component.
- The design component reference points to a list appearance component that generates the list of community member markup. The markup is generated based on the attributes that are defined in the ibm.portal.sr.communities.members list-rendering profile.