Publishing content directly to a Facebook pageAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on June 18, 2013 | Version 3 (Show original)
|The Social Media Publisher allows you to post status updates about your content to Facebook profiles and pages. You can also post content items directly to a Facebook page.
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps
- Click Create new App.
- A form will open. Enter values for the following parameters:
This is the name of your application that will be displayed at the end of each post. For example, your company name.App Namespace:
This is name that is used to access Facebook Insights information. It is recommended that a unique name is used for each application you setup.
- Click Continue.
- A configuration screen for your application is displayed. Select Page Tab under Select how your app integrates with Facebook and complete the following parameters:
Page tab name:
Enter the name for the page tab.Page tab URL:
This is the URL to the content item you want to add to the Facebook page.Secured Page tab URL:
This is a https version of the Page tab URL.
- Click Save Changes.
- Click Authorize to bind the credentials to a specific social network account.
Parent topic: Social Media Publisher
- To post your content to the Facebook page, use the following URL where APP_ID is the Application-Id of Facebook Page Tab application:
- Publishing content directly to a Facebook page requires a Secured Page tab URL to be provided. This means that your server must be SSL enabled.