Update notification extensionAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on May 13, 2014 | Version 8 (Show original)
|This extension uses the settings in the workflow synchronization section of the multilingual configuration file to automate the creation of localized items.
To use the notification extension:
- Add either the MLConfiguration_v7 \ Localize or MLConfiguration_v7 \ Regionalize workflow stage to your workflow after the approval stage, which is the first stage after the draft stage.
- If any of your localized library sets do not have a base locale:
- Ensure that storeOriginalWorkflow is set to true within the General Settings of the associated multilingual configuration file.
- For each workflow used by translated content, create another workflow named WorkflowName_Translation, where WorkflowName is the name of the original workflow. This workflow must contain a draft stage, approval stage, and the ML Configuration_v7 \ Switch Workflow stage.
If any of your localized library sets are going to use localized authoring templates, ensure that the supportLocalizedAuthoringTemplates property in the Localize or Regionalize workflow synchronization settings of your multilingual configuration file is set to true.
- If legacy synchronized publishing is to be used, then use the ML Configuration_v7 \ Pending Published – No Base Locale stage instead of ML Configuration_v7 \ Switch Workflow.
- If legacy synchronized publishing is not being used, then the ML Configuration_v7 \ Switch Workflow stage must also be added to the base workflow after the approval stage as well.
How it works
When an item reaches the Localize
- If the base locale item is in the current stage or a later stage, then each configured library that does not already have a draft item is processed according to the Localize or Regionalize workflow synchronization settings of your multilingual configuration file and a notification is sent to the all relevant locale owners.
- If the library being processed contains an existing published or expired item, then the workflow synchronization settings are ignored and a draft copy of the existing item is created.
- If the library being processed does not contain an existing published or expired item, then it is either ignored, or a new draft or link is created depending on the configuration specified in the multilingual configuration file.
- If one or more localized copies of the current item are found that do not have a corresponding draft base locale item in any stage of the workflow, then all copies are moved to the next workflow stage and a notification is sent to the base locale owner informing them that changes have occurred to localized documents without an associated change to the base locale item.
- If the base locale item is in an earlier stage of the workflow, then nothing will happen.
If no base locale library is configured, then the current item is deemed to the base item for the current processing cycle only.
If the base item has been renamed or moved, then all existing and newly created draft localized or regionalized documents are also be moved or renamed
Parent topic: Extensions for multilingual sites