|Update an existing Portal 126.96.36.199 theme to use the modular theme framework which includes Dojo 1.7, OneUI 3.0 and the status bar.
You must migrate your WebSphere
® Portal 188.8.131.52-based theme to a WebSphere
Portal 8.0 server before completing these steps.
Parent topic: Developing themes and skins
- Connect your WebDAV client, such as WebDrive or AnyClient, to http://host:port/wps/mycontenthandler/dav/fs-type1/.
- In the \themes\Portal8.0\contributions folder, copy the dojo17.json and oneui30.json files to local drive.
- Copy the dojo17.json and oneui30.json files from your local drive into the contributions folder for your theme, such as \themes\<yourTheme>\contributions.
- Delete the dojo16.json and oneui21.json in the contributions folder of your theme.
- In the profiles folder for your theme, copy all profile JSON files to your local drive.
- Edit all profile JSON files and:
- Remove the _16 from the end of all Dojo modules. These modules start with Dojo, dojox, or dijit.
- Remove the _21 from the end of the wp_one_ui module.
- Add the new wp_one_ui_dijit module after the wp_one_ui module (in the non-deferred part of the profile).
- Add the new wp_status_bar module after the wp_one_ui_dijit module (in the non-deferred part of the profile).
- Copy all profile JSON files from local drive into the profiles folder of your theme.
- Copy the theme template file theme_en.html, or whichever file is your default locale, to the local drive and edit it. :
This file is the nls
folder for your theme, such as \themes\<yourTheme>\nls
. Replace the following line:
with the new status bar dynamic content spot:
<a rel="dynamic-content" href="dyn-cs:id:80theme_status"></a>
Repeat for any other locale files for the languages that you support.
You do not need to modify the theme.html
file in the \themes\<yourTheme>
folder. It is only used to redirect to the appropriate locale file in the nls
folder. Modify it only when you add or remove locales.
- Restart your Portal server.
- Your theme pages now load Dojo 1.7, OneUI 3.0 and the status bar. To verify the Dojo level:
- Load one of your pages using Firefox with the Firebug plug-in, or the Console of other browsers.
- Go to the Console and run the command, dojo.version, which should now show 1.7.2.