Using the portal Tag Cloud with social listsAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on June 13, 2014 | Version 7 (Show original)
|To get the most benefit from social rendering together with tagging, you can put the WebSphere® Portal Tag Cloud portlet on pages that contain social lists. This way your site visitors can reduce the contents of social lists by selecting individual tags from the tag cloud. The social list is then restricted to content items that are tagged with the tag or tags that the user selected.
To configure tag selection for social lists from the tag cloud, a page editor proceeds by the following steps:
- Add the WebSphere Portal Tag Cloud portlet to the page that contains the social lists.
- Optional: Depending on your portal theme, you might need to select Edit Mode for the page. Some themes require this step before you can select the Edit Shared settings option for the Tag Cloud portlet in the next step.
- Select the Edit Shared Settings mode of the Tag Cloud portlet.
If you cannot open the portlet menu, first select the Edit Mode for the page as described in the previous step.
- Configure the Tag Cloud portlet to listen to Transmitted Tags.
Set the Tag display modes setting to Transmitted tags only. For more information about configuring the Tag Cloud, see Configuring the portal Tag Cloud for social rendering.
- Set the portlet Action Mode setting to Expose public render parameter.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Enable the Tag Selection Support option for the social lists for which you want to make the Tag Cloud available to your users.
For more information about how to set options for social lists, see Customizing social list definitions by using inline editing.
After you set this configuration, the Tag Cloud portlet communicates with those social lists on the page for which the Tag Selection Support option is activated in their social list definition. The tag cloud is filled dynamically with all tags associated with any of the individual social objects that are contained in those lists. If a user selects one or more tags from the tag cloud, those social lists on the page that have the Tag Selection Support option activated in their social list definition are dynamically filtered to contain only those entries that are tagged with all of the tags that the user selected from the tag cloud. Social lists that have the Tag Selection Support option disabled in their social list definition do not transmit their tags to the tag cloud. These lists are not affected when site users select tags in the tag cloud.
Parent topic: Working with social lists
Configuring the portal Tag Cloud for social rendering
Customizing social list definitions by using inline editing
Configuring the tags transmission limit
Configuring the tag cloud