Using the social lists provided with social rendering on your portal pagesAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on June 13, 2014 | Version 15 (Show original)
|The social rendering feature provides you with a set of predefined social lists. You can add them to the pages of your WebSphere® Portal and modify them according to your requirements. For example, you can define which types of social objects are listed, how they are filtered, sorted, and presented. These tasks are usually done by a page editor.
- Social list definitions are represented by Web Content Manager content items. Therefore, you can add social list portlets only to managed pages or pages that have an explicitly defined web content association to a site area in Web Content Manager. For more information, see Web content associations.
- The social lists that are provided with social rendering use the IBM® Connections search service feed to retrieve the social objects displayed in the list. This has the following consequences:
- Only information that is available in the IBM Connections search feed can be displayed in the social lists.
- Updates to social objects in IBM Connections do not appear in the social lists provided with social rendering until the index of the IBM Connections search service was updated.
- For more details about how to administer the IBM Connections search service, read the information about Administering Search in the IBM Connections product documentation.
To add a social list to a portal page and modify it as required, proceed as follows:
Parent topic: Working with social lists
Customizing social list definitions by using inline editing
Web content associations
- Select the Edit Mode of the page.
- Add the social list of your choice to the portal page:
- Select the Content tab from the site toolbar shelf.
- Select the category Social Content from the category selection list.
- Select the social list of your choice and place it on the page by drag-and-drop or by clicking the Add to page plus sign icon.
You can choose from the following types of lists:
- List of Community Files
- List of Community Content
- List of Community Blog Posts
- List of Community Forum Topics
- List of Community Events
- List of Files
- List of Social Content
- List of Blog Posts
- List of Forum Topics
- List of Communities
- List of People.
- Save your changes.
- Remaining in page edit mode, move your mouse pointer to the social list portlet.
The Edit icon opens.
- Click the Edit icon.
The Web Content Manager inline edit dialog opens up and shows the definition of the current social list.
- Modify the social list definition to serve the information appropriate to the current page.
For a list and descriptions of the available options, see Customizing social list definitions by using inline editing.