Working with the social network information tableAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on June 18, 2013 | Version 3 (Show original)
|When you create a content item using a content authoring template that has been mapped to a social network configuration document, an element named Social Network Information is displayed on the content item.
Parent topic: Social Media Publisher
- To post information about the content item to a specific social network, click the Post button for your social network of choice.
- To post information about the content item to all social networks, click Post to All.
- Once posted, information about the social media is listed next to each active social media post. You can refresh these by using the Refresh Statistics action.
- You can stop receiving information about the social media post by clicking the Untrack action.
Note: Once you untrack an item, you cannot go back and track the item from the time it was published. All your old tracking data is lost. You may also be unable to post to social media again as the new post can be considered as duplicate content.
- If you have view access to social configuration documents, you use the View configuration action to display the configuration document for a social network.
- There is also a Delete button that is used to delete post from the social network altogether.