Fulvio Mondini 29.Oct.15 09:56 AM a Web browser Lotus Protector for Mail Security Mail Security 2.8 VMware
In these days we are trying to move the ilp vm from the current server (an old VmWare server 2.x) to an ESX machine located in another datacenter. But changing datacenter mean change the ip of the vm, and here is the problem.
I've manually changed the ip of eth0, and now the vm boot correctly.
I can even ping it from an external ip, but only for a few seconds.
Here is what happen:
1) I boot the vm
2) Ping from an external ip starts responding after this line:
Setting up (localfs) network interfaces:
lo IP address: 127.0.0.1/8
eth0 device: Advanced Micro Devices
eth0 IP address: 192.168.173.95/24
[PING STARTS RESPONDING HERE] <-----
Waiting for mandatory devices: eth0 eth1 eth2
3) The ping continuously respond until this point:
At the end of the boot sequence this is the situation:
- I CANNOT ping the vm from outside
- I CAN telnet from the console to port 443 (--> apache2 is up!)
- I CANNOT access to port 443 from outside (and I need it to cfg)
- but I CAN access to port 25 from outside
- and ilp correctly send the start email to me
At this point I really don't know what to do.
Please, can someone give me an hint?