I received this in my email today and just wanted to make sure it was legitimate. I would expect that we would have had a posting in this database for sure a major issue.
Dear IBMer and IBM Business Partner:
We have identified a critical communications error between IBM® Lotus® Protector for Mail Security appliances and the IBM Anti-Virus Update Servers. IBM strongly recommends that all customers immediately apply the update identified below to their appliance(s). This update will not require a restart of the Mail Security server. Please follow the steps in the below Technote to avoid any interruption in service. The failure to apply this update may prevent the system from the necessary updating of anti-virus signatures. Customers with any questions should contact IBM Support through the below contact information. You are receiving this email because you have registered for an IBM or IBM Business Partner only license for IBM® Lotus® Protector for Mail Security.
This hotfix is compatible only with Lotus Protector for Mail Security (LPMS) Firmware 2.x.
This hotfix can be applied on top of any previous hotfixes.
APPLYING THE UPDATE
Please perform the following steps to apply this hotfix:
Option 1 - Direct Download
1. Use an SSH client such as PuTTY to log into your LPMS appliance as - 'root'.
2. Execute the following commands:
1. wget http://upload.cobion.com/download/pnmss/20110317_PNMSS_2011_CA_Update.pkg
2. unzip 20110317_PNMSS_2011_CA_Update.pkg
Option 2 - Indirect Download
1. Download using your Web Browser the update file from the following URL http://upload.cobion.com/download/pnmss/20110317_PNMSS_2011_CA_Update.pkg
2. Using an SCP tool such as WinSCP, connect to your LPMS appliance as - 'root'
1. copy 20110317_PNMSS_2011_CA_Update.pkg to the "/root/" folder on your LPMS appliance.
3. Execute the following commands:
1. unzip 20110317_PNMSS_2011_CA_Update.pkg
To contact IBM Support Worldwide
Select a local phone number from http://www.ibm.com/planetwide
When prompted for type of support, select option 2 for Software Support
You will need to provide your IBM Customer Number (ICN)
Go to https://www.ibm.com/support/servicerequest
and open a new service request
IBM Lotus Protector security products