RE: Lotus Quickr connector Vista 64 bit Brett Mitchell 8.May.08 04:44 PM a Web browser Connectors 8.1 (Lotus Domino)Windows
Well, you could install the 8.1 connectors on 64 bit Vista anyway. I will say with 99.2% certainty that you won't be getting any support from IBM if something goes wonky. That being said, I've gotten it to work and done some basic uploading/downloading of documents.
1. Download the Quickr connector package.
2. Execute the package (don't close the error screen that pops up)
3. Search for the .msi file that was contained in the executable. It should be in \Users\<username>\AppData\Local and called qkrconn.msi
4. Move it to somewhere that you can remember
5. Download and install a program called Orca (it lets you edit .msi files).
6. Start Orca and open the qkrconn.msi file with it.
a. Go to the LaunchCondition Table
b. Right click the first line (it starts with "Not Intel64") and delete that row.
c. Save the .msi and close Orca.
7. Install the connectors from your newly altered msi files.
8. Don't tell anyone that I told you how to do this.