Jim Reilly 7.Oct.10 12:18 PM a Web browser General 8.5 (Lotus Domino) iSeries
Would love to have an open discussion comparing Quickr 8.5 and Alfresco. We are a big Lotus shop and we have Quickr 8.5 for Domino installed (i5). In addition, I have Alfresco (free version) installed in a sandbox area (LAMP stack).
My first reactions:
1. Both have generally the same functionality/modules - team calendar, library, discussions, lists, wiki, blog
2. Wiki and blog are rolled into Alfresco sites where as these are separate place types (templates) in Quickr for Domino.
3. Overall UI I give edge to Alfresco
4. Calendar in Alfresco looks better but it doesn't appear to support repeating entries such as a weekly meeting every Monday for the next 4 months. Flip side is Quickr has some bugs with repeating entries (can't cancel an instance).
5. Quickr has Connectors which is really powerful. With Alfresco, it appears as though if you want to edit an attachment you have to download and then replace.
6. Quickr has tasks. Alfresco has "activities" but I have not figured out how to add new ones...my fault?
7. Lists in Alfresco are nice as they have assignee by default. Quickr you need to add (customize) this field. Quickr does allow you to customize the heck out of default forms, display, etc.
8. Cost...Quickr is a bit pricey especially considering you can download Alfresco for free (without official support) but open source does have tons of unofficial support.
Again, this is a general discussion that I would love for all to participate in so do please let me/us know your thoughts...