Skip to main content
This forum is closed to new posts and responses. New discussions are now taking place in the IBM Developer Answers forum.
Information Mgmt
New to Lotus
How to buy
Live demos
Technical library
Forums & community
Java™ technology
Open source
SOA and Web services
Web development
My developerWorks
About dW
Submit content

developerWorks  >  Lotus  >  Forums & community  >  IBM Sametime Forum

IBM Sametime Forum



PreviousPrevious NextNext

Brian Wert 26.Nov.13 03:55 PM a Web browser
Sametime Standard 8.5.2 IFR1 Windows

We performed a sametime migration over the weekend. We switched from sametime using Domino directory to sametime using LDAP. The LDAP directory is still Domino.

Problem....The users were not showing the awareness icon next to the person's name in the inbox and NAB. This seemed to be caused by the default search filter in the stconfig.nsf.

The users logged into sametime fine and all buddy lists were converted.

We added (displayname=%s*) to the search filter and restarted the Sametime server.

Bigger problem...
The (displayname=%s*) seemed to fix the problem with only new emails from people within the company that did not have a previous message in the users inbox. Example, I sent an email to a user after I added the new search filter and restarted the server, that never received an email from me in the past and it showed the awareness icon. All other messages in the inbox had no status icon.

We found that the client builds 2 files.

All the names from messages in the inbox showed up in the LiveNameUnresolvedCache.xml file. We believe this is because the search filter lookup did not resolve the name until we put in the (displayname=%s*).

Now the frustration............ :-(
The fix is to delete the LiveNameResolvedCache.xml and LiveNameUnresolvedCache.xml files. These files are buried under the data directory. We have many users.
How do you automatically delete these files and why doesn't the client retry the names listed in these files?

This is a very poor solution and the fact that the default Sametime search filter and using Domino LDAP together with the default settings caused this whole mess is what makes me angry. Why did the name lookup fail in the first place. All pieces involved, Domino, Sametime, Domino LDAP are all IBM so couldn't they make this all work without me spending hours researching the problem and finding 1 post out on the internet showing what should be in the search string.

By the way... thank you to Klaus Bild for actually blogging about the search filter fix -->

Sametime inbox awareness LiveNameUn... (Brian Wert 26.Nov.13)
. . RE: Sametime inbox awareness LiveNa... (Barry Shapiro 26.Nov.13)
. . . . RE: Sametime inbox awareness LiveNa... (Brian Wert 27.Nov.13)
. . . . . . RE: Sametime inbox awareness LiveNa... (Barry Shapiro 27.Nov.13)

  Document options
Print this pagePrint this page

 Search this forum

  Forum views and search
Date (threaded)
Date (flat)
With excerpt
Advanced search

 RSS feedsRSS
All forum posts RSS
All main topics RSS
More Lotus RSS feeds


Forum use and etiquette
Native Notes Access
Web site Feedback

Lotus Support

 Lotus Support
IBM Support Portal - Lotus software
Lotus Support documents
Lotus support by product
Lotus support downloads
Lotus support RSS feeds


IBM Composite Applications
IBM Mashup Center
IBM Connections
IBM Connections Cloud Developers
IBM Docs
IBM Forms
IBM Mobile Connect
IBM Sametime
IBM SmartCloud for Social Business
IBM Web Experience Factory
Lotus Domino
Lotus Domino Designer
Lotus Expeditor
Lotus Foundations
Lotus iNotes
Lotus Instructor Community Courseware
Lotus Notes
Lotus Notes & Domino Application Development
Lotus Notes Traveler
Lotus Protector
Lotus Quickr
Lotus Symphony
IBM Web Content Manager
WebSphere Portal

Lotus Forums

 Lotus Forums
Notes/Domino 9.0
Notes/Domino 8.5 + Traveler
Notes/Domino XPages development forum
Notes/Domino 8
Notes/Domino 6 and 7
IBM Connections
IBM Mobile Connect
IBM Sametime
IBM SmartCloud Notes
Lotus Enterprise Integration
Lotus Protector
Lotus Quickr
Lotus SmartSuite