Christoph Behrensdorf 29.Sep.03 09:59 AM a Web browser Sametime Server 3.0 Windows NT/2000
Since a few weeks I try to install the brandnew Sametime 3.1 on a brandnew Domino Server 6.0.2 CF 02 in GERMAN without success.
I searched the Lotus Software Knowledge Base and this Sametime Forum. I asked any Domino and/or Sametime professional in our company, from business partners an even from IBM - without success.
So let me explain the problem:
- We are a german company with german speaking employees and customers.
- So we need the german NLS version of Sametime.
- We have already running Sametime 2.5 PF1 in German.
- I try to setup a test Server to test the new Sametime 3.1 version on a german Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
- I installed Lotus Domino 6.0.2 CF02 because we migrate the whole testing domain to Domino 6.x.
- Additionally I installed the German language pack for this Domino Version.
- A business partner colleague downloaded ST 3.1 in German for me.
- When I start setup.exe, I always get the well known message "The sametime server is not the same language ..." as it is documented in so many threads inside this forum.
What's the reason for that message?
What does the installation routine check?
In the stinstall.pdf for ST 3.1 I read the following:
"You can install Sametime on a Windows 2000 server computer that currently
has a Domino 5.0.13 server or a Domino 6.02 server."
"Sametime is based on Domino 5.0.13 and requires the Domino Directory design that is used with Domino server release 5.0.13 or higher."
Could it be true, that I may use Domino 6.02, but must use the pubnames.ntf out of Domino 5.0.13??
And why do the IBM/Lotus specialists not describe the prerequisites, so we can understand it?
BTW: There is no release category in this forum for 3.1 yet. Is it not released?