The root cause for this type of issues could vary. the snippet only shows that the Lotus Notes has crashed as the nlnotes accessed to be shut down by the client it self.
1- The embedded application may have problem in memory management.
2- The large palette could cause problems too and where picture files are more than 200M on disk.
While running, these animations will probably cost more than 1 GB memory. The client crashed with lack of valid memory.
I would suggest the customer:
1) please do not use large animation pictures;
2) split pictures in multiple palettes
3) review memory on work stations
4) We have implemented Microsoft Direct2D component in past with windows 7 and XP for this type of issues,
5) please have a PMR open with IBM EMEA Support team for further reviewing.