Knut Meyn 7.Nov.07 04:18 AM a Web browser General 7.5.1 CF1 Windows
Hope someone can help me, issues with Sametime from internet
1. Have 2 ST 7.5.1 servers with int. IP
2. Coyotepoint E450 load balancer using a clustername for ST
3. Virtual clusters on various TCP ports such as 80, 8081, 8082, 8083, 8084. No UDP ports active via load balancer.
4. A Firewall open on all ports TCP/UDP for the dns/clustername towards the load balancer.
5. So using NAT from internet.
Have gotten all services to work internally with a service cluster name. Since meeting center will require EMS (?) to work with load balancing, have set that traffic to one server only.
The coyotepoint load balancer is set up to load traffic on various ports but I suspect that some traffic goes to/from the server name rather than the cluster name.
Problems: I've tried to follow tunneling desc. and I have gotten client/chat/online awareness to work on port 80. Trying to run a test meeting from the internet fails. Looking at the java console I see that community host cannot be found. Suspect it's doing queries on the server name rather than cluster name.
Load balancing betw. the two servers works fine for client connection/chat but that's all. Instant file transfer does not work.
Am about to give up and head for a single server solution. But was hoping that someone could give me some leads here. I suspect that outbound UDP traffic might be one issue but there could be others. And since connect fails towards meeting center (also test meeting via client) fails don't know what else there might be.