Anders Aslund 13.Jul.12 03:35 AM a Web browser Sametime Standard 8.5.2 IFR1 All Platforms
I would like to start a discussion with all Sametime admins if it is OK to host the LDAP server on the Sametime Community.
What is your experiences with this?
I do know it is not a supported environment but I see some actual benefits with it.
1) Speedier population of contact list for users
- example: if 300 users, instead of taking 10 seconds now take 2.
2) Faster search
3) Less servers involved
4) Less network traffic
1) "Strange things can happen" - what Sametime Guru Gabriella Davis told me in a seminar about Sametime and LDAP
2) IBM does not support it. I have gotten a PMR closed for have this once
3) Can any crashes or similirar be traced from this??
What is your experiences and opinions?
In my opinion I would like IBM to actually support this configuration!