Haider Memon 13.Mar.12 02:06 PM a Web browser Sametime Standard 8.5 Linux
We have a Sametime Standard 8.5 installed using Sametime System Console, authenticating against LDAP. Everything was working fine.
We decided to migrate to another LDAP server. I changed the LDAP information(hostname change - the rest is the same because the LDAP data has just moved to a new server with a different hostname ) in stconfig.nsf and da,nsf and restarted the server.
The users are now able to authenticate, and also search for contacts but are not able to see other contacts online.
If I switch back to the old LDAP server -- everything works fine again.
One difference i have noted is that the old LDAP resolved names with UID = 123,ou=employees,dc=x,dc=y,dc=z
while the new LDAP resolves names with UID=123,ou=Employees,dc=x,dc=y,dc=z
Could this case sensitivity be an issue in users not being able to see presence awareness of their contacts