ShowTable of Contents
Meetings are not supported in the Google Chrome web browser at this time. If you are still experiencing problems sharing your screen, try the following solutions. There might be a problem with your web browser.
Use a supported browser
Supported browsers for Connections Cloud are listed here: http://www.ibm.com/cloud-computing/social/us/en/systemrequirements/
, however calls and video calls are not support in Google Chrome at this time. You can make calls and video calls only from Chat in a web browser. It's not currently available from Chat on your desktop.
Check your meetings plug-in installation
Install from the Meetings (New) page. To check whether you have already downloaded the latest version of the Webplayer, click this link: https://apps.na.collabserv.com/meetings/sthome
and click Install via a Browser. If your Webplayer is not up-to-date, click Install via Desktop Installer.
Sharing in Google Chrome
Meetings are not supported in the Google Chrome web browser at this time.
Sharing in Internet Explorer
Meetings in Internet Explorer are not supported for Mac. For Windows, the Internet Explorer web browser might be an incompatible version or might automatically block screen sharing.
1. Click the http://whatsmyuseragent.com/Analyze/
2. If you do not see WOW64, then you are using an incompatible version of Internet Explorer and must download the 32-Bit version.
3. Log in to your meeting.
4. Click Start Sharing.
5. Click the ActiveX icon in your browser's address bar. A window appears.
6. Click Turn off ActiveX Filtering.
Sharing in Safari
Meetings in Safari are not supported for Windows. For Mac, the Safari web browser disables plug-ins and runs web pages in a sandbox by default.
1. Log in to your meeting room.
2. Do one of the following to install STWebPlayerLL.dmg.
3. Close all open browsers.
4. Open a new browser.
5. Log in to your meeting.
6. Click Start Sharing.
7. Click Safari > Preferences. A window appears.
8. Click the Security tab.
9. Enable Allow plug-ins.
10. Click Website Settings under Internet Plug-ins. A window appears.
11. Under Currently Open Websites, select Run in Unsafe Mode next to IBM SmartCloud Sametime.
12. Your URL is now stmeeting.collabserv.com.
Sharing in Firefox
If you use Symantec Endpoint Protection and the Firefox web browser, your firewall and browser settings might automatically block screen sharing.
1. Open program and file search.
- For Mac, use the keyboard shortcut Command + Spacebar.
- For Windows, click Start.
2. Search Symantec Endpoint Protection
- For Mac, type Symantec Endpoint Protection into the Search field.
- For Windows, type Symantec Endpoint Protection into the Search programs and files field.
3. Select and open Symantec Endpoint Protection.
4. Give your password if prompted.
5. Click Network Threat Protection > Options > View Application Settings.
6. Select Plugin Container for Firefox.
7. Click Allow.
8. Log in to your meeting.
9. Click Start Sharing.
10. Click the plug-in icon in your browser's address bar. A window appears.
11. Click Allow and Remember.
Making sure the proper TLS protocols are allowed
Your browser's security settings might have changed.
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click Tools > Internet Options from the toolbar. A window appears.
3. Select the Advanced tab.
4. Scroll to the Security Section.
5. Enable all three TLS versions.
6. Click OK.
If you are still having issues send log files to Support
Try removing the plug-in manually, and reinstalling. If the problem persists, share the InstallLogs folder with Support. Follow these steps:
1. Open the following directory, depending on your system:
- Windows XP: %APPDATA%\IBM\SmartCloud\Sametime WebPlayer\
- Windows 7:%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\IBM\SmartCloud\Sametime WebPlayer\
- Mac OS X: $HOME/Library/Application Support/IBM/SmartCloud/Sametime WebPlayer/
2. Create a .zip file of the InstallLogs folder, and share that with Support.