1. Modify Domino LDAP server configuration to make anonymous users able to query fileds.
1) Open names.nsf in Domino LDAP server, click Configuration --> Servers --> Configurations
2) Open "All Servers" --> Server document --> Ldap tab :
3) Enable write access to Domino LDAP directory .
In default Configuration Setting Document for LDAP, click Yes to "Allow LDAP users write access:"
4) Add to the "Anonymous users can query" fields:
5) Then follow the screen shots below to add (Title, Company, Telephone, Photo URL) attributes from left to right and click Ok.
6) Edit the persons document by opening "names.nsf" under - People - Pick the User(s) name and click on their document.
7) The document will open and look like below screen shot and please fill in the field with the exact location of the photo folder we have created earlier.
Note: Pls input Photo URL as connections photo url address. For example:http://connections.test.com/profiles/photo.do?uid=zhangsan
Important Note: the size of jpeg must be smaller than 64 Kbits,
8) Pls refer the connections Photo URL, if you access the url, it will display her photo.
9) Restart the Domino server.
: one Domino server need configuration only once.
The fields we need fill for users:
For User Information with Domino directory:
Fields need input values in NAB
Basics Tab- First name,Middle name,Last name
Basics Tab- Internet address
Work/Home Tab- Title
Work/Home Tab- Location
Work/Home Tab- Company
Work/Home Tab- Office phone
Miscellaneous- Photo URL
2. Enable the business cards feature on the IBM® Sametime® Community Server.
1) Log into the Sametime System Console.
2) Click Sametime Servers > Sametime Community Server.
3) In the Sametime Community Servers list, click the deployment name of the server with the business card information that you want to add or change.
4) Click the Business Card tab.
In the Business Card Contents section, select the attribute you want displayed in users' business cards, and then click Add to include the selected attribute.
5) To remove any preselected attribute, click the attribute and then click Remove.
For Attribute Definition, choose Attribute Values that are appropriate for your deployment. If you prefer to map another attribute value to the attribute name instead of the default value, choose User Defined, and then enter a value for the attribute. The following table lists the default attribute value that is mapped to each attribute name.
Attribute names and values
FirstName, MiddleInitial, LastName
3. Disable UserInfoConfig.xml to be read from the IBM Sametime System Console.
1) Open the UserInfoConfig.xml file in a text editor to verify that names and values match the attributes defined in the Sametime System Console. The file is located in the Domino program directory (\\domino\UserInfoConfig.xml). Here is a section of the UserInfoConfig file:
2) To force STUserInfo to use the configuration information stored in UserInfoConfig.xml, add a tag with a false value.
3) Please add as shown below.
When 'ReadStConfigUpdates' attribute set to false, will force the STUserInfo SA to use the configuration information stored in UserInfoConfig.xml
4) In the same UserInfoConfig.xml file we must add the 2 fields below.
Note: Make sure the lines are not already present.
5) While editing the UserInfoConfig.xml, you must also add the values to the end of the "ParamsSets" field below.
6) Now you can edit your Domino LDAP Configuration. Please be aware that other LDAP directories configuration may slightly be different.
7) Save UserInfConfig.xml file and restart Sametime Server.
8) Save all documents that are open and restart your Domino LDAP.
9) Please test below url and verify if output is correct
4. Configuring business cards using IBM Connections
1) Log in to the Sametime System Console with administrator privileges. Example: https://yourserver.com:8701/ibm/console
2) Click .Sametime System Console > Sametime Proxy Servers.
3) Click the Sametime Proxy Server's link to open its Configuration page.
4) In the "General Properties" section, navigate to the "Business card server" section.
5) Click Connections Server and enter the server's address.
6) The address for a Connections Profile server typically looks like this: http://connections_server.example.com/profiles
5. Configuring Sametime to enable business card photos to display on mobile devices
1) Browse to the IBM WebSphere® Integrated Solutions Console on the server hosting the IBM Sametime System Console.
2) Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console as the WebSphere administrator.
3) Click Sametime System Console > Sametime Servers > Sametime Proxy Servers.
4) From the list of Sametime Proxy Servers, select the server you are configuring.
5) In the Mobile device settings section, select the Enable user photo cacheoption.
6) Click OK.
7) Restart the Sametime Proxy Server.
6. Start Sametime Client to test. You can find some photo in contact list.
Start Web Sametime Client, you will find your photo.
Please enable debugging level logging in the Notes client for troubleshooting.
The instructions for enabling debug varies by client operating system.
To enable debug, follow these steps according to appropriate OS version:
1. Stop the Notes client.
2. Edit the rcpinstall.properties file in a text editor. The file location can vary based on where the client was installed.
Windows OS \Data\workspace\.config\rcpinstall.properties
Linux OS /Data/workspace/.config\rcpinstall.properties
MAC OS /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Lotus Notes Data/Expeditor/Applications/.config/rcpinstall.properties
add the following lines and save the text file.
4. Start the Notes client, log in to Sametime, and reproduce the issue for "broken image"
- Capture a screen shot when the issue occurs if possible.
- Note the date and time that you reproduced the issue, and any user names involved.
- Note the exact steps that were performed.
- Log out of the Notes client.
5. Then gather the logs.
- Compress (zip up) the files in the directory named \Data\workspace\logs.
- Make notes of any specific errors and the times that the unexpected behaviour occurred.
- It is also important to note that if this issue occurs for specific users please provide the user names being tested.
/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Lotus Notes Data/Expeditor/Application Logs