ShowTable of Contents
This article is intended to provide best practices, suggested configurations, and technical steps to enable you to deploy the full Sametime 8.5 feature set to smaller environments. The outlined installation sizes are suggested deployment scenarios and your individual installation may vary. It is always suggested to monitor your systems closely and plan for future growth or expansion wherever possible.
As with any software deployment, see the Detailed System Requirements
We focused on the installations based on intended user size.
* Small Deployment - Less than 100 users.
* Medium Deployment - Approximately 500 users.
This deployment is intended for up to 100 concurrent users at most. The solution is assumed to be deployed on 32bit Intel based systems running Windows Server. The environment deployment is as follows:
* Utilization of an existing LDAP server.
* Sametime Community Server will be deployed on one server.
* Lotus Sametime System Console, Proxy Server, Meeting Server, and Media Server will coexist on another server.
While it may seem constrained to try and force all of the functional components onto one system, this is not for a very large deployment. It is also assumed that you will be able to shut down the DMgrs, and Sametime System Console when not in use to free system resources for other components.
A medium deployment of the Sametime 8.5 features utilizes three systems besides the LDAP server. While it is projected to support 500 users, the concurrency of usage is not expected to be above forty to fifty percent. The individual systems will host the features as follows:
* DB2 and Sametime Community Server
* Sametime System Console and Sametime Meeting Server
* Sametime Proxy and Media Manager
Optional Components include:
* Edge Caching Proxy
* Dedicated IHS system
* Separate DB2 system
Begin the installation by installing DB2 on the first system. Utilize the information in the Sametime 8.5 Information Center to help you. Found Here.
About the Contributors: