The document below describes several WebSphere Application Server configuration files and logs that can be helpful for determining the current configuration of Lotus Sametime 8.5 and troubleshooting issues that occur in the Sametime environment.
Document: Troubleshooting Lotus Sametime 8.5 using WebSphere Application Server configuration files and logs
Time: It should take 45 minutes to read this document.
The topics covered in the document are:
- WebSphere Application Server configuration files in the context of Sametime
- How to manually synchronize Sametime configuration changes
- How to automate synchronization of nodes
- WebSphere Application Server log files in the context of Sametime
- How to enable Trace for WebSphere Application Server based Sametime servers
- How to bind ports
Audience: IBM customers who are new to Sametime 8.5 administration and do not have a strong WebSphere Application Server background.
Author: Ellen Tiberi
Contributing Author: Tony Payne