|Verify that the IBM WebSphere Application Server administrator can access the LDAP server used by IBM Sametime Bandwidth Manager.
About this task
After you have disabled security for WebSphere Application Server virtual member manager, you should verify that the administrator can still access the LDAP server. You can verify access by running a quick search against the LDAP directory as explained here.
Parent topic: Sametime Bandwidth Manager on Linux or Windows
Previous topic: Setting up the outbound proxy on the Video Manager Server
- On the server hosting the Bandwidth Manager, open the WebSphere Integrated Solutions Console and log in as the WebSphere administrator.
- On the navigation tree, click Sametime Servers -> Bandwidth Manager.
- On the Status page, click the Groups tab.
- On the Groups page, click the New button at the beginning of the Groups table.
You will not actually create a new group, but you can use this page to search the LDAP for a user, which will indicate whether you can access the LDAP server.
- On the New Group page, navigate to the Assign Members section, click the Search By list, and then select User.
- In the Search field, type a name that you know is stored in the LDAP directory (for example, your own user name).
Type either a full user name or a partial user name followed by the * wild card.
- Click the Search button.
If you have a valid connection to the LDAP server, the user information is displayed in a table after the Search fields.