Logging and tracing
The Integrated Solutions Console provides logs to collect logging messages. System messages for IBM Lotus Sametime Advanced are written to the IBM service log.
The IBM service log can be helpful in monitoring the health of the application server, however, the problem determination procedure for a specific component might instruct you to examine the contents of a component- or product-specific log. The first source of information for configuration and administration problems are the log files located at /WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/<profile
/logs/server1 and /WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/<profile
/logs/ffdc directories. If you cannot solve the problems using these files, try using a trace.
Lotus Sametime Advanced uses a subset of the standard WebSphere® log levels: fatal, severe, info, fine, finer, and finest.
For more information about logging and tracing, go to the Monitoring and Troubleshooting documentation for distributed operating systems in the WebSphere Application Server Library at http://www.ibm.com/software/webservers/appserv/was/library/.
Setting a diagnostic trace on a server
You can specify how the server handles Lotus Sametime Advanced log records. You can also specify a log detail level for components and groups of components.
1. Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console as a WebSphere administrator at http://yourserver.company.com:9060/admin).
Note: The port might be 9061 instead of 9060.
2. Click Troubleshooting --> Logs and Trace.
3. Click the Sametime Advanced server that you want to trace.
4. Under General Properties, click Change Log Detail Levels.
5. Select the Runtime tab.
6. Use the following table to determine what type of logging that you want to enable. The table lists the components that you would typically choose. This list of components is not complete. Other components might be chosen depending on the issue being tracked.
Type of logging
Choose this detail level
General Administration page logging
7. From the context menu, select All Messages and Traces. You should now see text similar to the following example in the log detail level field: *=info: com.ibm.sametime.persistence.*=all
8. Select Save runtime changes to configuration as well.
9. Click OK, and then Save.
10. Monitor the log file in installation_directory