If users are having difficulties authenticating, check their browser settings for cookies and language
- Authenticated users cannot enter chat rooms unless they accept cookies. If a user logs in to IBM® Lotus® Sametime® Advanced and cannot enter a chat room where the user is listed as a member, the user should be sure that the browser is accepting cookies.
- Users might have be unable to authenticate if their user IDs and passwords contain characters that are not part of the character set of the language that their browsers use.
Follow these instructions to enable cookies and set the language for your browser:
Open your browser.
If you are using Microsoft® Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
1. Click Tools > Internet Options.
2. Click the Privacy tab.
3. Move the slider to an appropriate selection for your site that accepts cookies.
4. Click the General tab.
5. Click Languages.
6. Use the Remove and Add controls to set your browser to the language whose character set you use in your ID and password.
7. Click OK.
If you are using Mozilla Firefox, follow these steps:
1. Click Tools > Options.
2. Click the Privacy button.
3. Under Cookies, select Accept cookies from sites.
4. Click the Advanced button.
5. Click the General tab.
6. Click the Choose button.
7. Select the language whose character set you use in your ID and password.
8. Click OK.