Video Chat widget for IBM ConnectionsAdded by Mary Jrolf on November 14, 2013 | Version 1
The Video Chat Widget
How does the Video Chat Widget work?
IBM Connections 3.0.1 or later
IBM Sametime 8.5.2 IFR1
Configure SSO between IBM Connections and IBM Sametime
The Login Properties field on the Connections Server needs to start with "mail" to match the Login Properties field on the Sametime server.
Install the widget
Install the SametimeVideo.xml file on the IBM Connections server in a web-accessible folder. For example:
To display this widget on every community's home page, edit the widgets-config.xml file. This file is typically found in two places:
In each of these files, find the resource tag with a type of community. Within that tag there is a widgets tag, and within that tag there is a definitions tag. To create a new Sametime Video widget definition, add a new widgetDef tag within the definitions section. The widget definition should look like this:
Set the value of sametimeMeetingServerUrl to the appropriate fully qualified host name, port, and context-root of your Sametime Meeting server.
Ensure that the URL specified in the main widgetDef matches where you installed the SametimeVideo.xml file. If you placed the SametimeVideo.xml file somewhere other than the suggested location above, modify this URL in your widget definition.
For example (Sametime Video widget added as second definition):
- http://stmeetings.company.com:9080/stmeetings" />
In the same widgets-config.xml files, define where the new widget will display. From within the widgets tag, find the layout tag (should be after the close of the definitions tag). On the page with an id of communityOverview, create a new widgetInstance tag like the following:
The uiLocation setting and the order of the widgetInstance tags determines where the widget shows up on the page.
For example (Sametime Video widget in right-hand column, above "Members"):
3. Restart the Communities application.
4. Install the latest Sametime Meetings 8.5.2 IFR 1 fix from IBM Fix Central. At the time of this writing, that fix is RPOH-8U4KJM. Installation instructions can be found online here.
5. Adjust service provider properties
If you plan to use an audio/video service provider other than Sametime AV, modify the properties file so that video rooms are created with the appropriate attributes.
- On the Sametime Media server, where the Conference Focus Component is deployed, go to the following path: .../IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles//sametime_tcspi
- Open the Service Provider specific properties file (e.g. myAV.properties). Note the Service Provider ID (SERVICE_PROVIDER_ID).
- Open the ConferenceManager.properties file. Note the ServiceProvider name from the ConferenceServiceName property.
- On the IBM Sametime Meeting server, locate the serviceProvider.json file in the stmeetings.webclient.war folder of the Sametime Meeting Server.ear deployment. For example: .../IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles//installedApps//Sametime Meeting Server.ear/stmeetings.webclient.war/serviceProvider.json
- Edit this file and set the following properties to the ones noted above:
- id = SERVICE_PROVIDER_ID noted above
- ConferenceServiceName = ConferenceServiceName noted above
- label = ConferenceServiceName noted above