ShowTable of Contents
Table of Contents
Before you install your Sametime Proxy server, make sure you have completed:
- Installing the Sametime System Console.
- Installing a Sametime Community Server.
- The Sametime Guided Activity Install Sametime Proxy Server.
Installing the Sametime Proxy server
In the example below, we are using the Sametime 8.5.1 System Console install.
1. Log in to the machine you plan to install your Sametime Proxy server as the Administrator (root for Linux). It is recommended that you use a Local System Administrator account for your install.
2. Check to make sure that your machine meets and exceeds the minimum requirements listed here
3. Move or download the Sametime Proxy Server install files if you have not already. The Lotus Sametime server can be downloaded from your Passport Advantage
4. Extract your downloaded files.
5. Click launchpad.(exe/sh)
to begin the installation.
6. Select Install IBM Sametime Proxy Server.
7. Launch the Sametime 8.5.1 Sametime Proxy Server installation.
8. Select Install
on the Sametime Installation Manager.
9. Select the IBM Sametime Proxy server
check box and click Next
10. Select I accept the terms in the license agreements
. Click Next
11. Populate the Shared Resources Directory.
By default, the Windows path for a directory can be too long. For example, on Windows 2008 the default path for a profile is C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Websphere\AppServer\profiles\profilenameMeetingPNProfile1\
. WebSphere has a limitation that a profile path cannot exceed 80 character. In our example, we choose to remove \Program Files
from our path.
12. Populate the installation path. In this example, we again removed \Program Files
from the default path to ensure our profile path does not exceed 80 characters. Click Next
13. Select the feature IBM Sametime Proxy server
and Use Lotus Sametime System Console to install
. Selecting this will retrieve the Guided Activity for your Proxy server from the Lotus Sametime System Console. Click Next
14. In the Common Configurations screen, enter your SSC Login information, and click the Validate
button. When the button changes to Validated
, click Next
- Host Name: Provide the fully qualified domain name in the Host Name field for the Lotus Sametime System Console. The host name was determined when you installed the Lotus Sametime System Console. The host name must be the actual host name. (Do not use a host alias for an IP address).
- Use SSL: Leave this option selected to run the server over a secure connection.
- HTTPs Port: Leave 9443 as the default value.
- User ID and Password: Provide the WebSphere® Application Server User ID and password that you created when you installed the Lotus Sametime System Console.
15. Select the Sametime Proxy Server Deployment plan in the list. Click Next
16. A list of the Deployment Details displays. Confirm that they are all correct. Click Next
17. Click Install
When your installation completes, you will see the screen below with a green check mark that states "The packages are installed".