About this task
Lotus Notes 8.5.x Client Standard Configuration included Sametime Embedded 8.0.2 by default. Completing these tasks will upgrade the Sametime Embedded to 8.5.x and enable optional Sametime features if needed. This article can be used as supplement to the Sametime Information Center. Before you begin, it is recommended that you already have Lotus Notes 8.5.1FP3 or higher installed.
1. Download and extract Sametime Client Standard package from IBM Passport Advantage
Part number CZII3ML - IBM Lotus Sametime Standard V8.5.1 Connect Clients Standalone, Notes, Network Installer, Mobile Windows Mac Linux Multilingual
c. Extract the file to a local directory
d. The directory needed for this task is:
2. Stop the Lotus Notes client.
3. Optional: IBM® Lotus® Sametime® ships with optional client features that you can add to the default client installations, including Microsoft® Office Integration features on Microsoft Windows® clients, E-mail Integration Features, and Spell Checker Dictionaries. You can customize the installation package for the Lotus Sametime client that is embedded in Lotus Notes® on Microsoft Windows.
b. Remove the comment markers to enable desired features:
- By default, all of the features in this section are disabled because they are commented out.
- You can enable any combination of features.
- You can enable any, or all, of these features by moving the comment markers to the appropriate position.
- Make sure to comment entire features (from the opening marker through the closing /> marker.
- Begin a comment with this marker: