Configuring the Sametime Bandwidth Manager to use the SIP Proxy/Registrar ServerAdded by IBM on May 8, 2014 | Version 1
|Configure IBM® Sametime Bandwidth Manager to use the Sametime Media Manager's SIP Proxy/Registrar.
About this task
This task is required for both a stand-alone Bandwidth Manager and a cluster of Bandwidth Managers. Communications between the Bandwidth Manager and the Media Manager are handled by the SIP Proxy/Registrar.
- Log in to the Bandwidth Manager Server's Integrated Solutions Console as the WebSphere® administrator (in a cluster, use the deployment manager).
- In the navigation tree, click Sametime Servers -> Bandwidth Manager.
- On the Status page, click the Configuration tab.
- Change the SIP Server URI field to:
- You use sip for a non-secure port and sips for a secure port.
- SipProxyIPAddress is the IP address of the SIP Proxy/Registrar Server (for a cluster, use the deployment manager's IP address).
- ProxyRegistrarHostPort is the SIP_ProxyRegHOST port number that you noted when confirming the SIP Proxy/Registrar virtual host.
- The transport setting matches the setting that you specified for force-routing the SIP Proxy/Registrar.
- Click Apply and then save the change to the master configuration by clicking the Save link in the "Messages" box at the beginning of the page.
- Restart the Bandwidth Manager Server (or cluster):
- Click the Status tab.
- On the Status page, click the Start/Restart button at the beginning of the table.
- After a few seconds, click the Refresh button and verify that all three Bandwidth Management components are now active.
Parent topic: Sametime Bandwidth Manager on Linux or Windows
Previous topic: Setting up routing from the SIP Proxy/Registrar to the Bandwidth Manager
Next topic: Verifying access to the LDAP server
- Stop the deployment manager:
- Click System Administration -> Deployment manager.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- On the Configuration tab of the deployment manager settings, click Stop.
- Start the deployment manager:
- Open a command window and navigate to the app_server_root/profiles/DM_profile_name/bin.
- Run the startManager command.
cd C:\Program Files\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\DM_profile_name\bin