Add the Administrators Group document to Sametime
® database Access Control Lists (ACLs) and provide the Manager access level to the group.
About this task
In addition to ACL access levels, you must also specify the ACL privileges and roles that the Administrators Group (or an individual user) has in each database. Generally, for an Administrators Group, select all ACL privileges and roles.
If you are adding individual user names to Sametime
database ACLs instead of a group name, database roles can be used to prevent or allow access to specific features of the Sametime
Add the Administrators Group to the ACLs of the following Sametime
- Sametime Configuration (stconfig.nsf) - Stores the configuration parameters that are set from the Sametime Administration Tool.
- Domino Directory or Address Book (names.nsf) - Stores Person and Group documents, ACL settings, and other configuration information for the Domino/Web Application Services.
- Sametime Log (stlog.nsf) - Stores logging information.
- Domino Web Administration (webadmin.nsf) - Contains the Domino® Web Administration client, which includes monitoring features for the HTTP Services and free disk space. This is the full Domino Web Administration client that is included with Domino servers.
- From the Sametime Administration Tool:
Choose Add Sametime Administrators - Give the administrator group Manager access for all appropriate databases, such as stconf.nsf and stcenter.nsf (Set Access Control).
- If you are using the Domino Directory with the Sametime server, choose Domino Directory - Domino.
- If you are using an LDAP Directory with the Sametime server, choose LDAP Directory.
The Access Control options appear.
Click the Files tab and make sure that the path to the Data directory is selected in the navigation pane.
From the "Databases" list, select Sametime Configuration (stconfig.nsf).
Note: The database filename appears below the Databases list.
Click the Tools button near the top right of the page, then expand Database and choose Manage ACL.
Click Add. Enter the Administrators Group document name in the dialog box (for example, "Administrators" or "Sametime Administrators").
If you are adding individual user names, enter the person's user name in the dialog box. Enter the name as it is entered in the top entry of the "User name" field on the user's Person document.
Select the Administrators Group name (or individual person's name) from the list in the Database Security window.
In the "User Type" list, select Group (or Person if you are adding an individual user's name).
In the "Access" list, select Manager.
Make sure that all ACL privileges, such as "Create documents" and "Delete documents," are selected.
If you want the Administrators Group to have access to the full range of administrative functions, select all roles; then lick OK.
After adding the Administrators Group to the ACL of the Sametime Configuration database (stconfig.nsf), repeat steps 4 through 14 to add the Administrators Group to the ACL of each of the Sametime databases listed below:
The roles determine which administration tasks the members of the group can perform. If you are adding individual user names to the ACLs, you can use the roles to control the administrative features that are available to individual administrators. For more information, see Roles in Sametime databases ACLs
Parent topic: Adding a Sametime administrator in Domino LDAP
Previous topic: Creating an Administrators Group document
Next topic: Modifying the Server document of the Sametime server
- Domino Address Book or Domino Directory (names.nsf)
- Sametime Online Meeting Center (stconf.nsf)
- Sametime Log (stlog.nsf)
- Sametime Self Registration (streg.nsf)
- Domino Web Administration (webadmin.nsf)
- Sametime Policy (stpolicy.nsf)
- Sametime Name Change (stnamechange.nsf)
- Log (log.nsf)