Whenever you install a server that communicates with a community server, you must add the new server's IP address to the community server's settings.
About this task
The community server accepts connections from the Sametime Media Manager, the Sametime Gateway, the Sametime Community Multiplexer, and the Sametime Proxy Server, as well as other servers that are listed in the Community Services page. To ensure that the Sametime Community Server trusts these components when they establish a connection, you must add the trusted server's IP address to the community server.
If you are installing a cluster of media manager servers, gateway servers, or proxy servers, be sure to complete include the IP address of the primary node as well as every secondary node in the cluster (you do not need to include the deployment manager).
You do not need to add the system console's IP address because it is added automatically when you install the community server using a deployment plan or when you register the community server with the system console after installation.
This task must be completed separately for each server within a community server cluster, as well as for multiple non-clustered community servers.
Parent topic: Installing a Sametime Media Manager on Linux or Windows
Previous topic: Installing a media manager on Linux or Windows
Next topic: Disabling IPv6 addressing on the Media Manager
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> Sametime Community Servers.
- In the Sametime Community Servers list, click the deployment name of the server with the list of trusted IP addresses that you want to change.
- Click the Connectivity tab.
- Under Trusted Servers, enter the IP address of the server that must connect to the Sametime Community Server in the New IP Address field, and click Add.
- If you have a cluster, type the IP addresses of the primary node and all secondary nodes, separating each address with a comma. Do not include the IP address of the deployment manager.
- For the media manager, enter the Conference Manager server IP address.
To delete an IP address from the list, select it and click Delete Selected
- Click OK.
- Restart the community server for the change to take effect.