Allowing users to send announcementsAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Community Services allows users to send unencrypted announcements to others who are online in the Sametime Community.
Community Services allows users to send unencrypted announcements to others who are online in the Sametime Community.
About this task
When you enable this feature users can:
- Send unencrypted announcements to anyone who is online in Sametime® Connect or in an online meeting. To receive an announcement, a user must be online, and in either active or away status. Users who are offline or have a status of "do not disturb" do not receive announcements.
- Allow the recipients of the announcement to respond to the announcement, or prevent them from responding.
Parent topic: Managing community services
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> Sametime Community Servers.
- In the Sametime Community Servers list, click the deployment name of the server with the connectivity information that you want to change.
- Click the Community Services tab.
- In the Server Features section, click Allow users to send announcements (unencrypted one-way messages).
- Click OK.
- Restart the Sametime Community Server for settings to take effect.