Community Services allow users to transfer files to each other over the network while using Sametime
About this task
When you enable this feature, you should also set a file size limit and virus scanning preference.
Computer viruses can be spread through transferred files. To protect against this possibility, users should have current third-party anti-virus software installed. The Virus scan files
setting should be enabled and set to scan all files.
Parent topic: Managing community services
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> Sametime Community Servers.
- In the Sametime Community Servers list, click the deployment name of the server with the connectivity information that you want to change.
- Click the Community Services tab.
- In the Server Features section, click Allow users to transfer files to each other.
- To increase or decrease the size of files that users can transfer, enter a value in the Maximum file transfer size, in Kilobytes field.
- Under Virus scan files, select one of the following choices:
|Always||If scanning cannot be done, the file is not transferred|
|When available||The file is sent with a message that the file was not scanned, allowing the user to decide how to handle the file, or it is not sent if scanning reveals a virus|
|Never||Files are not scanned|
- Click OK.
- Restart the Sametime Community Server for settings to take effect.