Backing up the DB2 database before upgrading Sametime AdvancedAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Before upgrading from an earlier release of IBM® Sametime® Advanced, back up the database.
Before upgrading from an earlier release of IBM
® Advanced, back up the database.
Parent topic: Upgrading from Sametime Advanced 8.0.x
Next topic: Migrating to DB2 Workgroup Edition
DB2 information center: Backup overview
- Prepare for upgrading by shutting down the servers running the current release of Sametime Advanced. Stop the Sametime Advanced server and Event Broker.
- Back up the existing database:
- Log in to the DB2® server as the DB2 administrator (or as a user in the DB2ADMNS group).
- Open a DB2 command window.
- Run the following command in the DB2 command window to locate the DB2 recovery log location for the Sametime Advanced database. This procedure assumes you used the name STADV for the database.
db2 GET DB CFG FOR STADV
Review the output for the STADV database and locate the "Path to log files" section. Write down the path and file name for the recovery log.
- Run the command to back up the Sametime Advanced database.
db2 BACKUP DATABASE STADV
- As a precaution, save the backup and recovery logs to another computer or to a flash drive in case you encounter problems upgrading.