Changing a person's name with AdminPAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can use the AdminP feature to change a user's name in IBM® Sametime.
You can use the AdminP feature to change a user's name in IBM
About this task
To change a name in an environment with the AdminP add-in enabled:
Parent topic: Changing names with AdminP
- From the IBM Lotus® Domino® Administrator, click the People & Groups tab.
- In the left-hand column, choose People under the selected directory.
- Select the name that you want to change; for example, "Sara Lester".
- On the right-hand side, select the People tab and choose Rename.
- In the "Rename selected HTTP, POP3, and IMAP people" dialog box, specify the time frame allowed for a user to login with both the old and the new names and click Next.
- Now select a user name, fill in information in the appropriate fields to change the name, and click Next.
For example, to change Sara's last name from "Lester" to "Webster," type Webster
in the Last Name
processes these name changes periodically (every 60 minutes by default). When the process is complete, the changes are reflected in vpuserinfo.nsf and stnamechange.nsf as follows:
- In vpuserinfo.nsf, the storageUserId of the renamed user is changed to the new name. For example, "Sara" storageUserId is changed from "CN=Sara Lester" to "CN=Sara Webster".
- In stnamechange.nsf, a new name change task is created, containing a CSV file that describes the name change.
An adminp.csv file containing your changes is then attached to the newly created task. For example, the adminp.csv file for changing Sara's last name looks like this:
"CN=Sara Lester/O=ExampleCorp", "CN=Sara Webster/O=ExampleCorp", "Sara Webster/ExampleCorp"
- Run the stnamechange.cmd to complete the name change process.
For more information, refer to the topic "Running Name Change Tasks on Sametime
® servers in a community" in this Sametime Information Center. Additional information is available in the Tech Note "NameChange administration tasks in Sametime 8" at the following web address: