This feature allows IBM
® Sametime to synchronize name change updates made to the IBM Lotus
® directory via the Domino
Administration Process (AdminP) with updates to Sametime
® User Information database (vpuserinfo.nsf).
Prior to Sametime 8.0.1, when a Lotus Domino
Administrator executed name changes through the Lotus Domino
Administrator client and the AdminP process, the users' names were changed automatically in the Lotus Domino
Directory but were not changed in the corresponding Sametime records. The administrator had to manually generate a CSV text file that contained the renaming information, and run the Sametime name change utility on one or more servers, depending on the configuration.
In Sametime 8.0.1, this process is enhanced, allowing Sametime to update VPUserInfo.nsf and add a new CSV text file to stnamechange.nsf whenever a change is made in the Domino
It is still necessary to manually run the name conversion utility even when AdminP integration code is working. The Name Change Integration with AdminP feature creates a new Name Change task and only partially updates vpuserinfo.nsf. For example, it does not update the contact lists that include the old name. For a full update, the Name conversion utility must be executed.
In addition, the AdminP functionality is only available for Sametime servers that use Lotus Domino
authentication running on Lotus Domino
8.0.2 or later. If the Sametime server is using LDAP authentication, or if you are using a version of Lotus Domino
earlier than 8.0.2, you cannot use the AdminP feature to change names.
AdminP integration components
The following components contain the code for the Name change integration with AdminP feature. These components are located under the Domino
program directory (by default \Lotus\Domino in Windows
- StUpdateAdminP.dll -- the code loaded by the AdminP process. This DLL file receives notifications from Domino regarding renaming operations. We will refer to it as the AdminP add-in.
- AdminpUpdate.jar -- the java code executed by the StUpdateAdminP.dll
- NameChangeUtils.jar -- a library that provides services of updating the different Sametime databases. called by AdminUpdate.jar to perform the actual change in vpuserinfo.nsf and stnamechange.nsf
Known issues with AdminP integration
Please note the following issues concerning AdminP integration with Sametime:
Parent topic: Changing user names
- This feature is supported starting in Domino 6.0, but is currently not available with Domino 8.0.1.
- In Sametime, this feature is supported starting with release 8.0.1.
- Only name updates are handled; deletions and additions are not supported by AdminP.
- To complete the name change process, you must still execute the name change application (AdminP integration simplifies the process but does not replace it)
- When Sametime databases are being updated as a result of the AdminP operation, warning messages are seen on the Domino console. These messages are not an indication of any issue with the process and should be ignored.