® Sametime installs on an IBM Lotus
® server and uses the HTTP server provided with Domino
About this task
During a Sametime
® installation, the administrator can allow HTTP tunneling on port 80. To support the HTTP tunneling on port 80 functionality, the Community Services multiplexer on the server listens for HTTP connections from clients (including web browsers) on port 80. A web browser connects to the Community Services multiplexer on port 80, and the Community Services multiplexer makes an intraserver connection to the Domino
HTTP server on behalf of the web browser.
If the administrator allows HTTP tunneling on port 80 during the Sametime
installation, the Domino
HTTP server must listen for HTTP connections on a port other than port 80. In this scenario, the Sametime
server installation programmatically changes the HTTP port of the Domino
HTTP server to port 8088 during the Sametime
installation process. It is not necessary to manually change the setting.
If the administrator does not allow HTTP tunneling on port 80 during the Sametime
installation, the Domino
HTTP server listens for HTTP connections on port 80 by default.
On some platforms, you can configure Sametime
to operate using a Microsoft
® IIS HTTP server or IBM WebSphere
® HTTP server. For information on setting up Sametime
to use a different HTTP Web server, see "Sametime
Follow these instructions if you need to change the HTTP port of the Domino
Parent topic: Ports used by the Sametime Community Server
- Open the Sametime Administration Tool.
- Select Configuraton -> Connectivity -> Networks and Ports.
- Select Configure HTTP Services on a web page in its own window.
- Select Ports.
- Select Internet Ports.
If the Domino server is set up for HTTP connections from web browsers, you can change the TCP/IP port number setting, located under the Web (HTTP/HTTPS) column of the settings. To change the port used by the HTTP server, change the port associated with the TCP/IP port number field. (For example, if you are enabling HTTP tunneling on port 80 on a Sametime server that includes a single IP address, you may want to change the HTTP port from port 80 to 8088.)
- Select Internet Protocols.
- Select Domino Web Engine.
- Under the Generating References to this server section, make the following changes:
If the HTTP server uses HTTP for web browser connections:
- In the Protocol setting, select http.
- In the Port number field, enter the same port entered in the TCP/IP port number setting in Step 5.
- Click Save and Close to save the Server document.
- Change the port number in the stconvservices.properties file to match, as the HTTP port is pulled from this setting.
- Restart the Domino server for the change to take effect.