Configure the IBM
® Sametime Community Services to listen for client communications using the new DNS and port 443.
Before you begin
You must have already assigned an additional IP address to the Sametime server, then mapped a new DNS to it for use by the Community Services.
- On the Sametime server, open the Sametime® Administration Tool.
- Click Configuration -> Connectivity -> Networks and Ports.
- On the "Networks and Ports" page, click Community Services Network -> Address for HTTPS-tunneled client connections and fill in the following fields:
For example, if your base DNS for the server is sametime1.example.com, type the following name for the new DNS:
- Restart the Sametime and Lotus® Domino® servers.
- Close the Sametime Administration Tool.
With this configuration, the Sametime Community Services multiplexer will listen for HTTPS-tunneled connections using host name community-sametime1.example.com
on port 443.
Parent topic: Tunneling through the firewall when SSL is enabled
Previous topic: Mapping the IP address and DNS for Community Services
Next topic: Connecting clients to the new Community Services DNS