Specify the LDAP Directory settings that enable the Sametime Community Server to search the LDAP directory on the LDAP server and authenticate Sametime users against entries in the LDAP directory.
About this task
Configuring the LDAP Directory settings requires previous experience with LDAP; in particular you will need to know the following information:
- The structure (directory tree) of the LDAP directory the Sametime server will access
- The schema of Person and Group entries in the LDAP directory
- How to construct LDAP search filters to access the attributes of Person and Group entries in the LDAP directory
Parent topic: Replacing the Domino Directory with an LDAP directory
Previous topic: Changing names to an LDAP format
Next topic: Updating search settings for policies
LDAP directory settings
- In the Sametime server home page, click Administer the Server.
- Click LDAP Directory.
- Enter the settings to enable your LDAP directory to access Sametime Community Servers.
- Click Save.
- Restart the Sametime server to enable your settings.