Defining a settings file in the plugin_customization.ini file is an alternate method for distributing preferences to Sametime
® Connect clients. Unlike the managed-settings.xml file posted on an update site, this method does not provide any policy-based distribution of preferences.
About this task
Follow these steps to create a settings XML file and define it in the plugin_customization.ini file.
- Create a settings XML file with a name such as settings.xml or mysettings.xml.
- Define preferences in the settings XML file.
- Copy the settings XML file to the location where it will be called from the plugin_customization.ini file.
- Add a key that defines the Expeditor Managed settings framework com.ibm.rcp.managedsettings.provider.file/URL and the name and location of the settings XML file to be used. For example:
- Save the file and make it available to clients.
Every time the client starts, the plugin_customization.ini preferences are read.
Parent topic: Configuring Sametime Connect client preferences with the Expeditor managed settings framework
Defining preferences in the settings XML file
Changing the update interval for managed preferences
Discontinuing managed preferences